Member Spotlight
vytis104
vytis104
Chicago, IL, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
AnnandSteve, ReesesPieces
Who's Online Now
34 registered members (steve74, sugarae, Colour1, SoBe, Alltech63, road3682, IWIWSE, Fran, Jspoone, KenK, davidandsusannj, Midsouth, bbeach, Uksimonusa, Jaybird, Leagle49, Deepcut, KC2SXM, BenP, boucharda, eightzerobits, ChuckG, 12 invisible), 851 guests, and 97 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
2 minutes ago

Not arguing with your logic of using the crossbeam cleats as fairleads, I can see how this keeps the lines in the right place and not bearing on handrails etc. I'm fairly inexperienced with cats and mooring balls but I thought the whole point of using a bridle was to keep the two lines wide apart to reduce swinging? By using the narrower cleats as fairleads you are transferring the fulcrum points inboard quite a bit or is it not enough to make a difference? Interested to learn from others knowledge.
15 1,408 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 minutes ago
IDK!! It didn't look like it was in great shape when we went past it last month!!! IMHO, It looked DONE!
3 421 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
30 minutes ago

$25 for 2 chairs and an umbrella
7 1,229 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
35 minutes ago
The woman that owns Adam and Eve is so nice and I can't remember her name! I have bought more than a few suits from her. ALL have lasted a lot longer than I thought! As I said I wore Luis's suit for maybe two seasons at SXM and it nearly fell off coming out of the water on Orient beach!!
30 2,997 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
41 minutes ago
Very well thought out report! I like the rating system! Can't believe that Drift would sell you a beer at 11am??? "Got cash will travel"!! Thanks for taking the time out!!!
15 772 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
Well Lancer, we were there the month of January. I don't even know how many times we went there during the month.Ricardo pretty much runs things here. We love the food, ambiance, people & you're never rushed. It's been la main a la pate since at least 1998 when we started going. We haven't seen marigot that busy in many years. It was quite exciting really. It was busy enough that we couldn't get our regular parking spot! πŸ˜‚ we felt safe every time we were there. Parking near the cemetery roundabout. Very well lit. Enjoy!
7 379 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
We do DCA to SJU then Island Birds as well...get in around 100
12 419 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:34 PM
Hi Barry............We watch Below Deck all the time............The price you mentioned is about right and the normal tip ranges from $20,000 to 22,000 for 3 days depending on the guests satisfaction with the food and service.......Great show.........
5 760 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 02:22 PM
I should be clear: the outdoor restaurant at Scrub is a nice spot, and the food is good. We love Marina Cay, and Scrub did a really nice job redoing it. They made a big mistake choosing the government tipping model, and should just go back to tipping to encourage good service.
10 815 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:10 PM
Scott, we love the sushi at LaPlaya. We usually get the sashimi platter and a couple of rolls and it’s a feast .

We were at La Playa last month on 3 separate days where they had a big truck that scooped up all the seaweed about midmorning along La Playa and one or two of the other beaches if you’re staring at the water to the left, I’m not sure sure what those beachfront names are any longer.
7 1,339 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:45 AM
I haven't had issues without the housing (yet) and this I am going on trip #3 with it. That said, it's great for not worrying about it with sand and water at the beach but hasn't been the best at UW. I think you nailed the reason being the lens. I will look into the wide angle. Thanks! Look forward to more of your pics. smile
9 834 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by CJIMI
I just booked our March 2025 trip, as the airfares were just posted. Same itinerary. Non-stop on a Saturday morning from PHL to SXM; with a return flight ten days later via Miami. I was pleasantly surprised by the airfare - About $140 less for the 2025 tickets, as opposed to the price that I paid for the tickets in 2024. I should actually say ticket, as I was able to get my wife's ticket using points - just had to pay the $96 or so in taxes.
Since the Air B&B studio that we had rented for the past three seasons at Residence Les Lataniers was no longer available, we rented a ground floor studio at Alamanda. Cost a few $ more, but it is newer and a bit closer to the beach.

We found flights more for March 2025 than we paid for March 2024 so you were lucky to save $140.
21 2,321 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/06/2024 09:40 PM
Used to walk tp to the French drummer that played with Bob and would take over drumming in the middle of a song and it may be 2 or 3 songs before they knew we switched drummers. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
9 671 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/06/2024 09:08 PM
OK thanks
6 445 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/06/2024 06:55 PM
It became how a credit card using the benefits can help your travel, not much of a tangent.
45 1,878 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/06/2024 03:56 PM
St MartinFan--yes, we have done a grocery run and Mark's run at the same time. They definitely do a huge takeout business.
10 823 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/06/2024 02:09 PM
Alan, thanks, that is a great story.
5 439 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/06/2024 12:23 PM
We arrived yesterday on American at 1:30.Touchdown to walking out the door was an hour and ten minutes. Waiting for the bags took the most time. They were still putting out West jet's bags when we got to baggage claim.
33 2,168 Read More
British Virgin Islands
05/06/2024 10:59 AM
There is currently no dinghy line. Two of us took the dinghy and the other two kayaked out. It was a very calm afternoon. We tied the kayak to the dinghy and took turns staying with the dinghy while the others snorkeled.

There used to be a dinghy line, but it no longer exists.
9 845 Read More
Africa
05/06/2024 04:51 AM
That is Canary Island! Enjoy your journey there!
4 7,885 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/05/2024 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Colour1
Just a note, Craig from Pack Light has rentals in Beacon Hill! Not on the beach. But for a couple of days before checking into BSV, why not, short walk to Simpson bay beach and Dinghy's!!

Thanks David. I'll keep that in mind for next time if needed. I finally made a decision and booked Horny Toad.
15 1,694 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/05/2024 04:59 PM
That is why want to go for a tasting along with seeing the process.
8 711 Read More
United States & Canada
05/05/2024 04:19 PM
Yes we went back AGAIN! Great time and always. You can read about it here. Enjoy!!

https://susannj.com/2024/05/05/a-little-bit-of-everything-key-west-4-13-24-4-20-24
0 103 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
05/05/2024 10:29 AM
We visited Desert Sun in Palm Springs from April 25 to April 30, 2024. Open for business and still clothing-optional.
21 4,969 Read More
British Virgin Islands
05/04/2024 08:09 PM
Check out VOYAGE Charters out of Sopers Hole. Family owned and operated, best yachts in the business and the customer service is unmatched. They have agents that actually live in the BVI so they know all the boats and crew extremely well. Clare handles our bookings, her email is clare@voyagecharters.com
18 1,562 Read More
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8