Flew Boston to Newark and took a $1,000 voucher flew to San Juan and arrived St. Maarten-arrived 6 hrs. later than expected, but thought well worth the delay. :-) Arrived at L'Hoste late at night, but instantly loved the room- 'caribbean feel' to it, large, clean- although no beach view, just a short 3 minute walk to a beauiful beach. Staff was EXCEPTIONAL!!!! Could not ask for more. Continental breakfast was served each day, but not much to my liking offered (personal opinion- just bread, coffee, tea, juice, fruit or cereal), but within a 3 minute walk- great cafe in small town had inexpensive pastries- delicious although surely fattening! :-) Hotel- definently would stay there again!!! Not much to do there around there at night and I did not rent a car, although next time I definently would. The little village did have many restaurants, but nightlife was lacking. I did venture over to Grand Case with another couple by car (10 minute drive) and ate at a great restaurant- pasta and delicious dessert and a fabulous view- Stephanies(or something like that- sorry I am terrible with names, but someone here will know it). Also another night ate at the Talk of the town barbeque pit- Eugenes? and the food was incredible- local food, but we were overcome with cockroaches- totally overcome and when we quietly went to speak to the woman manager regarding settling our bill so we could leave, the woman became quite rude. Regarding Anguilla via Marigot....it is a must. I have never seen more beautiful beaches in my life. The ferry costs $3. deport charge plus $12 ferry charge each way and is an 18 minute ride. ONce over in Anguilla their are taxis waiting to meet you and I got a driver who charged me $22 which included a short tour of the harbor and a trip to Shoal's Bay beach and I just called him when I was ready to return and it was the same price to return - another $22. That view of Shoal's Bay was well worth the price. I would definently return to St. Maarten and add in a 3 day visit to Anguilla. I would rent a car next trip to see more. Orient beach is very nice and I must mention people do stroll the beach naked before 9 a.m....are topless through out the day and once again naked around sunset in case this would bother some. If you are not bothered...it is a beautiful place to park yourself for a few days to rest your mind. Hope this is helpful to other travellers.