EdB said:
Bahston said:
My work iPhone (ATT) works on the island, but coverage has been 3G at best. Verizon should also work. I've never checked Sprint.

3G on island is the most available i believe. As of March anyway, there is no 4G available. For better service it is worth a couple of bucks to rent from Sharon....

UTS has been providing 4G since November of 2015. I just used it for our trip this past month and will use it again at the end of June. Their 4G service is just as fast as my service in Florida. Sharon does sell the UTS chippie sim for $25 and that includes $10 credit.

If anyone does not want to use their Verizon or sprint service in St. Maarten, you can use the Chippie sim to get 4G service at a much cheaper rate than roaming. Verizon phones are already unlocked (per an agreement with the FCC regarding open devices using a frequency they were awarded). Those with Sprint phones can call customer service and ask for an UICC sim unlock, so an international sim can be used. Sprint does not allow domestic sims to be used in their phones until they are paid off. It is my understanding AT&T will not unlock devices to use other SIMs.

Last edited by wilsonck; 05/25/2016 10:38 PM.