bdeeley 24
Colour1 22
dolfer 20
Member Spotlight
SXMScubaman
SXMScubaman
Auburn, WA
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Who's Online Now
12 members (WWII, deliveryskipper, JerseyPal, Todd_Melinda_K, xrayman67, MrEZgoin, BoatGuy, 5 invisible), 1,335 guests, and 218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Spoke to the developer of "VI Hail", a Rideshare App for USVI. The developer has drivers for STX and is working on getting drivers (only has a few currently) on STT. Apparently, the local Taxicab Commission is not happy about it. The developer decided to go forward with posting the App and get things started while legislation, that will allow Rideshare Serices in the USVI, is pending.

Below is an article from the local PBS station (WTJX) regarding the Rideshare App.

PBS WTJX

I have installed the app (it says that it is still under development). It is not much different than Lyft, but one difference that I have noticed, in its current form, it will not allow you to schedule a ride a head of time. I will be using the App next week and should have a better understand of how well it works then.

BVI Sponsors
Traveler
Traveler
Interesting. I wonder whether there is anywhere in the Caribbean that had any rideshare opportunities before this.

Let us know how it turns out.

Carol Hill

Link Copied to Clipboard