erb923 14
Member Spotlight
caribbeangirl13
caribbeangirl13
Vail, CO/St. Thomas, USVI
Today's Birthdays
CaptianCluck, DolfinFan
Who's Online Now
16 members (SXMBND, SXMNAN, Speebs, marybeth, jazzgal, davidandsusannj, StMartinFan, eightzerobits, cabokid, beachbum1313, 6 invisible), 997 guests, and 97 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#325086 10/13/2024 05:48 PM
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Just wondering if anyone who has flown into Beef Island on American out of Miami has had any checked luggage issues? We are flying down in 4 weeks. We have always flown into St Thomas and have had no trouble with all our checked luggage. I realize this will be a smaller plane and I'm concerned about getting all our luggage there. We always take a Polar bear cooler with frozen meats and chesses. Any past experiences?

BVI Sponsors
Traveler
Traveler
They left both my daughter’s bags in Miami for weight but they arrived the next day. I am flying that route in Nov so hope it goes smooth. They are unable to land or depart at least in lighter wind conditions with the runway wet. One flight on arrival recently diverted to SJU and sat for several hours before returning to MIA without allowing anyone to get off.

R
Traveler
Traveler
R
We haven't had a problem. We're taking that route next week, so we'll see. Great meat and cheese are available locally at Steakation and the French Deli. Ratman returns tomorrow, having stocked up on cheese yesterday at the market in France. We might bring a Tomme de Savoie with us. As long as it's uncut, it holds up pretty well. Otherwise, eliminate the risk and buy on island.

H
Traveler
Traveler
H
We've flown that route probably a half dozen times since they started it (about two years ago, I think) and have never had any issues with delays or luggage. (And prices have come down now that they offer several flights a day, yay!). That said, I have not checked the overall reliability on flight aware. We fly from the west coast and the AA MIA-EIS route is definitely our preferred....fewer segments, less complicated, less travel time, and fewer variables to foul things up when compared the the STT or SJU routes.

V
Traveler
Traveler
V
Agreed with all said above.

If you can justify the expense, AA Mia -> Tola is far and away the best way to travel to the BVI.

Traveler
Traveler
We use this flight often for VG (via EIS) and Anguilla. What do you think of SW or Jet Blue with Tradewind? I have seen some pretty low prices? Next month we will be using JetBlue with Cape air.

Traveler
Traveler
Two years and no issues. I also bring a small cooler with me, but I changed from the polar bear cooler to a Titan backpack cooler. Same Volume and easier to carry.

Link Copied to Clipboard