erb923 17
Member Spotlight
CdnCouple
CdnCouple
Ontario, Canada
Today's Birthdays
ethel52, islander97150, islandlove, Seaboundhome
Who's Online Now
8 members (ARC, Todd_Melinda_K, Latadjust, MrEZgoin, 706jim, louismcc, 2 invisible), 858 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#323761 08/27/2024 01:08 PM
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
I was up early to find there was still no wifi. I made a run to Le Sucriere for a fruit tart and stopped at SOL to add some time to my island cell as I didn’t have a good feeling about the internet/wifi situation with this being Sat.

I had multiple dips in the ocean and some hammock time while Jackie cleaned the room. A quick nap and shower before meeting another island friend for a late lunch today. I made a run to Maho to see if there was any beach (none along the road) and had a quick drink at Driftwood. I was able to park on the road and noticed SSBB was not at all busy as I drove my it.

Lunch with Grace was at Boca in Simpson Bay. It is pretty much a locals place and I was surprised at how nice it was inside (with a/c) and the variety of the menu. I ordered pan fried grouper, Grace wanted a whole snapper but they were out so she chose garlic shrimp. Both dishes came with a small salad and your choice of a side. The servings were well prepared and generous. Service was ok but rather confusing at times with multiple people being involved and no coordination with who was doing what. My plantains were missed as they brought fries (warm at best) but then did bring the plantains when I mentioned it. We each had a drink and with the 15% SC, the total was around $56. I would go again for sure.

Back at Horny Toad to greet Doug and Debbie who just arrived from the states today. The good news on the internet/wifi is they know what the problems is but the bad news is it will be Monday at the earliest before Starlink can look into it. The Horny Toad is basically dead in the water when it comes to wifi/internet at this point.

I will do reports in WORD and then post them when/if wifi comes back.

I did call Carol this morning so it would be known why I disappeared suddenly.

I did make it to Lee’s for HH and found parking. A crowd was starting to form so after a couple of drinks and some conversation with Jordon, I took a drive toward Pineapple Pete/IZI area. It was PACKED. No idea what was going on but traffic and crowds were heavy. Another quick stop at SOL for more credit on the SXM cell and I am in for the evening. Traffic all the way back to Horny Toad was heavy.
Also, as I was preparing to leave The Horny Toad, the narrow alley was blocked by some half-wit that had stopped and left his vehicle. Myself and another car were stuck for about 5 minutes until the person was done visiting.

I spent some time on the balcony before bed and could here music coming from what I would assume was the Captain’s Rib Shack area. Not overly loud but I was a good distance away. Roxxy is no more so I know it was not them.

Attached Images
grouper.jpg

J.D.
SXM Sponsors
Traveler
Traveler
I had not heard of Boca before. You said it was close to Cafe Atlantico? Those fries actually look pretty good to me, but I do like plantains, if they are cooked well.

Carol Hill
Carol_Hill #323770 08/27/2024 01:40 PM
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Very good plantains. The fries would have been good if they had not cooled down. It is about 2 doors from Cafe Atlantico, same side of the street.

J.D.
Carol_Hill #323780 08/27/2024 03:00 PM
Traveler
Traveler
Carol - I have mentioned it several times in my prior reports. smile When they first opened, they offered breakfast, lunch, dinner. More recently, they eliminated breakfast and it's now just lunch and dinner. Last time I was there, they offered a ton of seafood dishes, but not exclusively. Many sides to choose from. I have always found their food well prepared and go frequently as it's so close to the Toad and so reasonably priced.

[Linked Image]
jazzgal #323784 08/27/2024 03:18 PM
Traveler
Traveler
Linda--Sorry, I don't remember you mentioning it. I actually don't remember seeing reports from your trip last fall.

Carol Hill
jazzgal #323787 08/27/2024 04:12 PM
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Yes, a very large and varied menu.

J.D.
Carol_Hill #323894 08/30/2024 02:27 PM
Traveler
Traveler
I was trying to search for mentions in prior reports. Finally discovered that I spelled it Boka in my reports. Here's a link to one of the mentions.

LINK to Boka

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard