erb923 17
Member Spotlight
CdnCouple
CdnCouple
Ontario, Canada
Today's Birthdays
ethel52, islander97150, islandlove, Seaboundhome
Who's Online Now
8 members (ARC, Todd_Melinda_K, Latadjust, MrEZgoin, 706jim, louismcc, 2 invisible), 858 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Link

Whatever the H*ll that means. From someone staying in Beacon Hill the past week or so, power continues to be off for a few hours each day, and one day it was off for 4 hours during the day AND 4 hours at night. Soon come.

Carol Hill
SXM Sponsors
B
Traveler
Traveler
B
It means something to me. What they call synchronization I call paralleling. I think that I previously said “It ain’t easy”.

Here’s a link to a site that gives a basic understanding, but devolves into a product pitch. I’ve never used this vendor, but the info up until the product pitch makes sense to me.

https://powertemp.com/what-is-paralleling-paralleling-made-easy/

Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
OK, but what does this mean, in terms of timing at this point? When will there finally be some relief from the loadshedding?

Carol Hill
B
Traveler
Traveler
B
That’s a question that’s impossible for me to answer. “It ain’t easy.” Paralleling one additional generator is easier than paralleling seven additional generators. Depending on what they have for switchgear and other capabilities, safely paralleling one generator might be done in a few days. Doing the same for seven generators might take a few weeks.

Do it right, and everybody goes home safe, and SXM has more reliable power. Do it wrong, and technicians and engineers lives are at risk. Electrical explosions can be deadly.

That’s the short term.

Long term, this is a patch on the bigger GEBE problem. How do you fix GEBE?

E
Traveler
Traveler
E
Went to the Dutch side once for an ACE visit + pick up a whiskey, one of the Dutch side residents said GEBE means "Generating Everything But Electricity."

Hopefully it all gets sorted soon!

Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
So, a few MORE weeks then? I feel so sorry for those on island who have to put up with this sh*t.

Carol Hill
C
Traveler
Traveler
C
Prime Minister said recently that this set of generators would be operational August 9

Traveler
Traveler
Originally Posted by erb923
Went to the Dutch side once for an ACE visit + pick up a whiskey, one of the Dutch side residents said GEBE means "Generating Everything But Electricity."

LOL . Thanks for the laugh to start my day.

Traveler
Traveler
Hooking up auxiliary power isn't a "plug in plug out" thing!!! Transformers have to be properly grounded, amps need to be checked and overall you're not looking for an explosion to happen when you turn everything on! It's a process!!!

Sand Gravity, got to love it!

Link Copied to Clipboard