erb923 17
Member Spotlight
CdnCouple
CdnCouple
Ontario, Canada
Today's Birthdays
ethel52, islander97150, islandlove, Seaboundhome
Who's Online Now
10 members (ARC, Todd_Melinda_K, Latadjust, MrEZgoin, 706jim, louismcc, Kennys, 3 invisible), 800 guests, and 182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#322923 08/03/2024 09:03 PM
E
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
E
Left today and made it home event free. We flew JetBlue 1878 to Boston. It seems there was a problem going on with the baggage system at check in. We checked in at the Mosaic/Mint desk where they tagged our bags, but we had to take them down to another area to drop. Not a big deal as a JetBlue crew member took us through and got it done in no time. And all of the bags made it on to the plane. Check in lines seemed to be running smoothly. Lots of staff around to help with kiosks, etc.

Proceeded through the E-gates and up to security. Things went pretty smoothly there as well. At passport control they had my wife take the kids to an immigration agent (kids under 12 can’t use the automated gates) and had me go through the automated system. Again pretty painless. I forgot to time it but from taxi to departure hall was maybe 45 minutes.

We headed to Dominos to get the kids some pizza… but they were out of cheese pizza and pepperoni pizza. They’re still cooking in the truck outside and running the food in to sell. Stepped next door and got burgers from Johney Burger. Seating to eat was a little tight but we managed to get a spot. Considering we were there right around lunch time the lines at all of the food spots were pretty reasonable.

Our was leaving from gate B4. About 45 minutes before boarding we headed downstairs to look for seats. There were free seats but not four together, so we headed back upstairs and found some at A1. Having never had an on time boarding at SXM we figured we had some time, but 30 minutes before our posted boarding time they called Mosaic and Mint customers to board. So back down we went to hop on the bus and… wait 😂

In the end we were fully loaded more than 30 minutes early and managed to scurry out for an early departure. Landed in Boston almost an hour early.

The lounge looked pretty empty. As a summer traveler I can’t see myself using it unless I’m getting in free.

SXM Sponsors
Traveler
Traveler
Not bad, with kids in toe!!! The Jet Blue staff are always very helpful aren't they!!! Domino's cooking out of a truck??? That is to funny, but not in a haha way!!! Glad you made it home ahead of schedule!! How was arrival??? We are eighty-one and a wake up to BSV!!! It was not fun the last few times checking in and getting luggage was a freak'n nightmare!!

Sand Gravity, got to love it!
Colour1 #322930 08/04/2024 07:10 AM
E
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
E
Arrival wasn’t bad, I wrote about it in another thread http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/322466/arrived-saturday-7-20.html

Right now it seems arrival is all about timing.

L
Traveler
Traveler
L
In the last 6 years, we have not managed an on time departure from Jet Blue to Boston! Lucky you!

Link Copied to Clipboard