bdeeley 24
Colour1 22
dolfer 20
Member Spotlight
gordapeak
gordapeak
Maryland, US
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Who's Online Now
12 members (WWII, deliveryskipper, JerseyPal, Todd_Melinda_K, xrayman67, MrEZgoin, BoatGuy, kazanu, 4 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Yesterday I opened my Air Transat app to see the countdown ticker for number of days until our next trip, it should have been 199 days until your trip. Instead it said "Oops there's been an error". Panic time. We have 2 upcoming trips one in Dec/Jan and the other Feb/Mar both leaving and returning on a Sunday. Now for the upcoming high season Air Transat's nonstop from Toronto will be on Saturdays. Lesley I will send you an email on the new dates. We usually book our flights as soon as they show up online and our lodging at the same time. After talking to an agent we are now on the Saturday flights and got the same seats on 3 of the 4 flights. We were able to adjust the lodging dates for our Dec /Jan trip but on the Feb/Mar trip it looks like we are going to need a room for one night on our arrival day. I received an email this morning from Air Transat advising me of the change and offering a full cash refund and rebook or just switch to the Saturday flight, which is what we did. We have found that if you book a flight as soon as it's available online you get the lowest price. We booked both trips flights on Jan 2 in Club Class (First Class) for $3211.00 CAD for 2 passengers and today's price on the same flight is $6771.00 CAD.

SXM Sponsors
D
Traveler
Traveler
D
At least they are flying on Saturdays direct back-and-forth to SXM from Toronto. The Air Transat website shows them flying other days to Sxm, but those are not direct. They use Porter airlines to fly from Toronto to Montreal and then to Sxm.
I like Air Transat but I have been flying on all four airlines that fly direct from Toronto to Sxm. I have booked my November and September flights. Both direct. I am too cheap to pay for first class. My WestJet flight return and direct in September was $468 Canadian ($343 US). My flight in November again direct and return was $443 Canadian ($325 US).
I will probably be at the back of the bus 😂 with the entertainment, but it does show you can still fly relatively inexpensive to the island at least from Toronto.
I should mention that I do not have a check on bag. Just carry on.

Drphilsxm

Traveler
Traveler
Thanks Whale and I'm flying out next Thursday on West Jet Business for a week , party time 66 years and our Son 24 June 9th and Baby Zion almost started walking , blessings .
But best wishes on your ticket because last year , Our Daughter did Sunwing and arrived at 2.00am .But not this year coming , West Jet for them .
And I only do carry on and hang in my VIP Lounge free of charge plus food . Lol.

Last edited by Kennys; 05/31/2024 08:38 PM.
Traveler
Traveler
Also we just left D Bar at Cocova and good Jazz music but food was just okay .

C
Traveler
Traveler
C
I believe Westjet and Sunwing are now one. Today WJ announced changes including Sunwing benefits... anyways from what i remember deleting from my inbox.

Traveler
Traveler
Lesley--I have no idea what either of your posts in this thread have to do with Air Transat.

However, I am interested in jazz at D bar. Is that every Friday night, do you know?

Carol Hill
Traveler
Traveler
Jazz every Friday evening ,Carol.

Traveler
Traveler
Have a safe trip Lesley. Enjoy and kiss baby Zion for Don and I
Rosemary

Traveler
Traveler
Will do my Dear .

Traveler