17 Dec, 2011
I had planned to go for a St. Lucian breakfast this morning, but woke up too late as they only serve until 9:00 am (little too much fun at the jump up last night). We instead took the bus to the market in Casteries to pick up some fresh fruits and spices for the trip. The market was lively due to a ship being in town. I took Tony around to check out all the stuff that we don’t see at home, there was some sea turtle for sale at the fish stalls, but the being it wasn’t refrigerated we opted to pass it up. Upon arriving back at the marina we went to Café Ole for baguette sandwiches and banana smoothies. Samantha, a Lucian woman now living in Toronto that Tony met at the marina party last night joined us. They went to Reduit Beach for the afternoon, while I stayed around the marina and nursed my hangover at the pool.
[Linked Image]
ARC yachts in Rodney Bay Marina
Tonight was the award ceremony for the ARC so around 4:30 we grabbed one of the shuttles and headed off to the party. Em did rather well this year, finishing 4th in her class and 14th overall out of 200+ boats, which won her the prize for the female Skipper with the best corrected time. This is the second time in 3 years she won those honors, the prize a nice Citizens wrist watch. After intermission (and the food and drinks had been served) we took the shuttle back to the marina where Rodger and Alex, two guest from the UK were waiting for us. We had some welcome gin & tonics in the cockpit the Tony and I went up to Ocean club and Bosuns (both in the marina) for a couple more. Since the last two nights were late ones we made it an early night and went to sleep anticipating our departure south tomorrow.
[Linked Image]
Em with her awards

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!