Connections make me really nervous. On our last trip down - June 2015 - we flew US Airways (right before American discontinued them) from Boston to Charlotte and then on to STT. I allowed 4 hours for our layover in Charlotte, just to avoid unforeseen delays, planning on staying at the Windward Passage that night before hopping on the ferry in the morning. The inbound flight to Charlotte went as planned. The outbound flight from CLT to STT was delayed 3 hours because of late inbound flight crew, then another 2 hours for mechanical problems and then, as if to add insult to injury, once airborne, turned around over South Carolina and returned to Charlotte, at which time it was cancelled. Pandemonium!!!!

Managed to get on the first flight out in the morning, almost had to bludgeon our way onto the last ferry out of RT, spent the first night of our charter on board at the marina and lost a day of sailing.

I know this is an anomaly, and can happen to any flight, but connections just increase the odds of something going wrong. I'll take a non-stop any day.

Just saying.