dolfer 17
Member Spotlight
Zanshin
Zanshin
St. Lucia
Today's Birthdays
Margie, philuann, Roe
Who's Online Now
41 members (CaroleS, Manitoulin Island Girl, jbutah, maineskier69, connie, taraavo, bkigar, Leagle49, GeorgeC1, xrayman67, Jerry_R, toast, geomo, JeanneB, Kennys, lcote, davidandsusannj, PattyM, Zanshin, ndfaninnc, NumberCruncher, cooch366, bbeach, steve74, Uksimonusa, Sea_Skyman, BillDauterive, eightzerobits, sprockyrocky, SXMBND, SteveH, Sunnysideup, 9 invisible), 1,175 guests, and 149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
bdeeley Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
A video posted by PJIA of the new arrival process is below.

Be Happy! Simply because you deserve to be. 😁

[Linked Image]
SXM Sponsors
E
Traveler
Traveler
E
Looks great/seamless, can't wait to try it out in December!

I will be sad missing all the posts complaining about the airport though! 🤣

1 member likes this: Tonythepilot
M
Traveler
Traveler
M
I don’t see it.

Traveler
Traveler
video did not appear for me using Firefox (Mac) but was visible in Brave (a chrome-based browser )

bdeeley Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Try a different browser, it's there for the world to see. Don't forget, open your eyes.

[Linked Image]
T
Traveler
Traveler
T

bdeeley Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
The only reason I didn't post the direct link is that so many complain about not having or using facebook.

[Linked Image]
Traveler
Online Content
Traveler
Arrival today was terrible , machines broke down and Tourist was piled up . Hoping for the best for this week end . Prayers please , thanks.

Traveler
Traveler
Originally Posted by Kennys
Arrival today was terrible , machines broke down and Tourist was piled up . Hoping for the best for this week end . Prayers please , thanks.
Imagine that, I guess the testing did not work out so well. If it is not working better tomorrow, it will be a disaster for those arriving.

J.D.
Traveler
Traveler
That was my thought--imagine that! Techie stuff is great when it works!! Hope tomorrow is better.

Carol Hill
Traveler
Online Content
Traveler
Well this week end we have the big Cruise Ship people arriving for their Conference of 600 people plus regular people.

Traveler
Traveler
Between this and GEBE are you still confident and supportive in the island infrastructures run by government?

Traveler
Traveler
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Between this and GEBE are you still confident and supportive in the island infrastructures run by government?
Good question.

Where is Brian Mingo in this mess?

J.D.
Traveler
Online Content
Traveler
You know what , I'm fully tired of people just choosing to use the high horse to keep bashing St. Maarten , Mr. Mingo , contract is up soon , December , but he and his Mom and Brother Mark , have tons of property on the both side of the Island and are set for life , period.
And you know what , thanks for my Dear Loving Wife Shirley , we dont have to worry period.
And what's is sad for this Island , that the average St.Maarten person , is broke simply because , they dont have an open mind to move themselves upward , but in the meantime, I have know people came to this Island via boats(broke() and planes totally rich and keep making millions of dollars .
Tired , but we and two children and Grandson Baby Zion will have a great life and not in America . Sa la vie . Keep bashing .

Traveler
Traveler
Lesley--since there have been allegations of graft regarding both of the Mingo brothers and many others in government, I am not surprised that they are set for life. And yes, the average person in SXM is not set for life, and they are the ones who suffer through the woes especially of GEBE. Bashing is done where it is warranted, and it is fully warranted with regard to both the airport and GEBE. I hope today goes well at the airport, and that, at some point, GEBE's woes are solved. We shall see, with regard to both things.

Carol Hill
Traveler
Traveler
Seriously, Lesley, I can't think that your rather self-serving comments -not the first - are doing anything to to endear you to tourists or locals. Be grateful for what you have achieved but stop throwing it in the faces of people who have helped you to get there.

1 member likes this: GaKaye
Traveler
Traveler
Originally Posted by Southshore
Seriously, Lesley, I can't think that your rather self-serving comments -not the first - are doing anything to to endear you to tourists or locals. Be grateful for what you have achieved but stop throwing it in the faces of people who have helped you to get there.
Thank you!

J.D.
L
Traveler
Traveler
L
Thank you too!!

Traveler
Online Content
Traveler
Thanks for your response my Dear . For the record , we started Kenny's Car Rental 1995 , right after Hurricane Luis , and prior to that I worked and managed Holiday Car Rental at Mullet Bay way back , handling 400 cars , going to the Port to pick them up and taking them to the late Mr. Bunchie 's garage the work place that he had and getting them undercoating from rust and then hitting the streets for rentals . Hence I'm from way back , when , dealing with Tourist tipping average $ 50.00 for the genuine service that they had received . Long time and today , I'm 66 , and still going strong even though receiving my Pension , and not sleeping . God is love . And as much , a lot of people are pissed to Mr. Husang Ansary , he give me a full Scholarship to Johnson and Wales University for Hotel and Restaurant Hospitality . Suma Cum Lauda .

Last edited by Kennys; 10/19/2024 09:14 PM.
B
Traveler
Traveler
B
I am very surprised that people still rent from you with your attitude. I for one has been to the island for at least 15 years for 2 weeks each year and always rented a car. While I haven’t rented from you I am very glad I didn’t. Since you are so well off I hope other people will support other rental companies not as well off. I am proud to be American.

1 member likes this: GaKaye
Traveler
Traveler
I'd walk if Lesley was my only choice of rental car.

Traveler
Traveler
Mercy. Not addressed to anyone in particular, but this one has gone way too far astray. If anyone arrived yesterday, would appreciate hearing your experience in a new thread.

Carol Hill

Link Copied to Clipboard