It was nice to wake up Sunday in the Air bnb in an air conditioned unit. The girls went to Rendezvous Lounge for jazz brunch, Dany’s for Happy Hour, then had a great last dinner at Altro in Porto Cupecoy. They have chalkboard menus only - one with 3 course $38 (I think) prixe fix options and another with a la carte options. I had a delicious smoked salmon croquette, beef stew in a wine sauce and tiramisu. I dont remember what the girls had.

Yesterday, Monday, was “Going Home” day. We got up fairly early and checked out of the Air bnb. Dropped some stuff off to Wendy to either use up or keep for our next visit. We wanted to have a good breakfast. Decided on Sunset Beach Bar. Parked right near the guard shack at the entry to Morgan Resort, so didn’t have any worries about luggage in the trunk (the car I had is owned by a local resident and clearly didn’t look like a rental car). SSBB has kind of lost its appeal to me over the years, but I must say we had a really good breakfast with attentive, fast service. 15% sc added to the bill, and validated parking.

It looked extremely hazy over the lagoon and mountains. Turns out Sahara Dust had made its way to the island. We had reactions kind of like we have due to pollen at home.

We returned our car, said our final goodbyes to our very dear friends. Wendy took us to the airport. We arrived at about 12:15 for our 2:21 AA flight to Charlotte. With carryons only, I texted Wendy at 12:41 to tell her that we were at the gate.

Even though the flight was listed as “FULL” , Chrissy and I still managed to have an extra legroom row all to ourselves, which was quite nice! Although originally scheduled to leave from a C gate, our flight left from A3. We landed on time and were home to see my very needy yellow Labrador by 7:30 pm.

I know my little reports weren’t as engaging as others, but I have been reading trip reports on this site for years and thought I would try to give back in my own little way 🤷🏻‍♀️

I will try to get some pics up in a different thread.