Member Spotlight
joe9090
joe9090
new jersey
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
1moresxmexpat, Bogdaniel, delorget, Steve51
Who's Online Now
20 registered members (PML, GeorgeC1, pl3, tangerine3, Tom, eightzerobits, RonDon, jazzgal, RatmansWife, Kennys, AlanB, KirkB, SoakInSaltwater, SXMScubaman, 6 invisible), 822 guests, and 89 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
29 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Colour1
Just a note, Craig from Pack Light has rentals in Beacon Hill! Not on the beach. But for a couple of days before checking into BSV, why not, short walk to Simpson bay beach and Dinghy's!!

Thanks David. I'll keep that in mind for next time if needed. I finally made a decision and booked Horny Toad.
15 1,408 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
41 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Alltech63
Well good for you thanks for sharing learn something new everyday so since you have 1st or business class I suggest you use Flagship instead of Admiral club lounge much nicer.
I do find your access to CLT AC suspect as we just went to Cabo with another couple and I actually bought the tickets for all of us and the were all BC and they could not get in lounge and had to be our guest so my wife who is authorized user had to sign 1 of them in but then again you are special I guess. But just could depend on who is at Desk when you enter AC who knows

Mexico is not included in the freebie access; just Caribbean.
38 1,155 Read More
British Virgin Islands
41 minutes ago
The BVI does have a bizarre system with regard to gratuities. Eating establishments are not required to have a mandatory tipping policy but if they do there are a bunch of rules. The employees are supposed to have a committee that determines what percentage of the tips each job gets. I wonder if in practice that happens. The employer can also keep to 7.5% as an administrative cost.

60. (1) In an establishment in which a customer pays a gratuity a period of four weeks in accordance with this section.
(2) Where an establishment to which subsection (1) applies has at least five employees, the employer shall establish a gratuity committee (in this section referred to as the “Committee”) for periodic distribution of the gratuity.
Gratuity. which is a specified percentage of the customer’s bill, the employer shall
cause the gratuity to be pooled and distributed among his or her employees in
follows:
(3) The Committee shall consist of three representatives as
(a) one person appointed by the employer to represent the employer;
(b) two persons representing the employees to be elected by the employees within the first six weeks of each year to serve for a term of one year and the results of such election shall be filed with the Labour Department by the 28th day of February each year, provided that where any person so elected is unable for any reason to serve his or her full term, the employees may elect another person to represent them in his or her stead and for the remainder of his or her term and shall file the result of the election with the Labour Department within fourteen days of obtaining that result.

Periods and place of wage payments.
61. (1)
Wages shall be paid at regular time intervals of
(a) not more than two weeks, in the case of employees whose wages are fixed by the hour, day, week or fortnight, or by the piece of work performed;
day of February each year, provided that where any person so elected is unable for any reason to serve his or her full term, the employees may elect another person to represent them in his or her stead and for the remainder of his or her term and shall file the result of the election with the Labour Department within fourteen days of obtaining that result.

(4) From the total amount of gratuity accumulated over every period of four weeks there shall be deducted by the employer the Government tax, if any, on gratuity.
(5) A further amount to be agreed by the employer and employee or if there is a Committee, the Committee but not exceeding seven and a half percent of the balance after the Government tax, if any, is deducted may be retained by the employer for administrative expenses.
(6) The employer shall distribute the remainder of the gratuity among the employees of the establishment on such basis as may be agreed in writing from time to time by the employer and employees or if there is Committee, by the Committee.
(7) The employer prepared a record showing the total amount of gratuity accumulated in each period of four weeks, the total amount of Government tax which is deducted, the amount retained by the employer for administrative expenses, the list of employees to whom the balance is distributed and the amount paid to each of those employees.
(8) Within seven days after the close of the period to which
5 251 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
My experience was similar to Fabila's. I'm not a prude but found his requirements for measuring for the suit invasive and unnecessarily intimate. Thought my husband was going to take a swing at him. My husband apologized to me afterwards, as he had been the one to suggest I get a custom-made suit. It wasn't a particularly good fit.

Last suit I bought came from Costco. It was stretched out over a cardboard body-shape. Caused a few laughs as I took it to the car in the shopping cart!
27 2,505 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
is there a dinghy line or mooring ball? Or do you have the dinghy tied to you while snorkeling in Eustacia? Want to do this in July but have never explored this area.
8 493 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
That is why want to go for a tasting along with seeing the process.
8 549 Read More
United States & Canada
5 hours ago
Yes we went back AGAIN! Great time and always. You can read about it here. Enjoy!!

https://susannj.com/2024/05/05/a-little-bit-of-everything-key-west-4-13-24-4-20-24
0 23 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
"Maybe just getting old but miss Bob Craig and a lot of the other bands that use to play at the clubs.

Bob Craig and Bob Barron are one and the same. He sings all over
4 282 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago

This makes a lot of sense, an improvement I'll make on our next trip.
12 1,088 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Kennys
Thanks Fabi and how its how things are said about where I live gets me pissed off . We could have been American Citizens way back but because first of all we misplaced the papers from my Mom and our two children schooling was Canadian , hence speaks for itself .

There you go again talking about something other than the topic at hand. I don't get the connection.
30 1,422 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
9 hours ago
Listen no matter what anyone tells you. They have tractors that clean up everything everyday!!! We were there a few weeks ago and spent more than a few days on Orient beach. LaPlaya is our home base. But I walk the beach end to end everyday. Those guys don't stop until the beach is all cleaned up!!! FACT!
5 836 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
9 hours ago
I put Driftwood up on that list!!! IMHO, they have great bar-truck food!!! I tried for the first time in my life last fall trip , don't know why! There shawarma sandwich!!! WOW so good!!! This past April trip Louise ordered the Shawarma salad and I got the "mixed" sandwich!! A word of caution, bring a roll of paper towels- wipes! Talk about messy eats!!! LOL!!!
7 465 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
10 hours ago
We visited Desert Sun in Palm Springs from April 25 to April 30, 2024. Open for business and still clothing-optional.
21 4,883 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:09 PM
Check out VOYAGE Charters out of Sopers Hole. Family owned and operated, best yachts in the business and the customer service is unmatched. They have agents that actually live in the BVI so they know all the boats and crew extremely well. Clare handles our bookings, her email is clare@voyagecharters.com
18 1,470 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:27 PM
barry--no problem, but that really is a shame that Rainbow scr*ws that whole area, because of the noise.
22 1,416 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:25 PM
Lancer--OK, that is disappointing, so you went to Miami and had to go down to purgatory to leave. IF you leave via a jetway upstairs, it is a much different experience.
6 694 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:22 PM
OK, thanks for the additional info. As far as a jetway, my understanding is that no one gets a jetway upon ARRIVAL, but some get it on departure. At least to have a ramp is a big deal. It is very difficult for me to go down (or up!!) stairs, especially with a carry on bag.
14 833 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:46 PM
RIP Scott
May your Seas always be flat and your sails always be full with a bottomless Pain Killer in hand.
1 300 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:00 PM
Thanks for the nice trip report and photos!!
14 1,529 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:57 PM
Nothing wrong with booking airfare early. W e book ours 351 days out for the best prices and miles availability knowing times could change. Having timeshare fixed weeks takes the accommodation worries out of the equation barring any major damaging storms.
1 213 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:42 PM
So my theory on sugar in the cruise ship fuel tanks worked!
5 974 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:22 PM
Really great photos...thanks for sharing
4 473 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 12:19 PM
We arrived May 1st. Stayed with a local friend who said that the weather had been very weird with lots of rain .

Cisterns full and everything is lush and green….greener than I have experienced .

She lives on top of the hill overlooking Josiah Bay. Blustery and rain all night.
One of those “ so glad I am not doing anchor watch on my boat “ kinda nights.

Been cloudy and rainy off and on since we got here, with sunny breaks too. Mixed bag for sure ….but a cloudy day in vacation in BVI beats any day at home in Easten Canada where we still get minus temps at night .
Here til June so really don’t mind a few overcast days .

But it’s still as gorgeous as ever smile
7 835 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/03/2024 09:33 PM
I wish there were a like button on this!!
3 577 Read More
British Virgin Islands
05/03/2024 09:06 PM

George, I think the ferries have caught on to that. Seems like some do not allow same day booking online.
16 833 Read More
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8