TravelTalkOnline

first time

Posted By: rusticchisler

first time - 07/08/2015 01:11 PM

Would like to visit Jamaica, wife has been prior many years ago, I have never been. Looking for a low-key resort (we do not drink) clean rooms, simple well prepared meals, snorkeling, scuba etc. and most importantly an au-natural beach. Any ideas? Thanks.
Posted By: DarkDiggler

Re: first time - 07/09/2015 01:56 PM

Options are becoming increasingly limited.

Couples resorts are probably your best bet IMHO. My choice of the three that offer au naturel facilities (Negril, Tower Isle, and San Souci) would be Couples San Souci.

There is a wealth of discussion on this forum on all three locations. They all have there pros and cons.

Let us know what you guys decide.
Posted By: CaptainJim

Re: first time - 07/09/2015 03:08 PM

The only problem is that Couples is an all-inclusive which is probably a waste of money for non-drinkers.
On the other hand there are almost no nude beaches anywhere else left in Jamaica.
Posted By: Sugaree

Re: first time - 08/28/2015 01:01 PM

Actually, even if you're not a drinker, Couples is a good deal. They have very high quality on-site restaurants, so if you enjoy fine dining, you'd probably see some value in that. Not to mention the included scuba, snorkeling, etc., along with their nude facilities. Couples Sans Souci in particular has a very nice au natural beach/pool area, secluded from the remainder of the resort.
Posted By: Halfwindy

Re: first time - 10/25/2015 10:01 PM

There's a c/o beach-rooms-restaurant 15 -20 outside of Negril that has been getting good reviews. I'm assuming it's not a "high end" property, but the pictures look like something you should look into. In case I forgot how to add a link, the name is Half Moon Beach. Link is to trip advisor Negril.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Re...sh_Jamaica.html

Re: first time - 11/02/2015 02:13 PM

Halfwindy said:
There's a c/o beach-rooms-restaurant 15 -20 outside of Negril that has been getting good reviews. I'm assuming it's not a "high end" property, but the pictures look like something you should look into. In case I forgot how to add a link, the name is Half Moon Beach. Link is to trip advisor Negril.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Re...sh_Jamaica.html

I have been told by the owners (in an email) that it is not C/O but it is a nice quiet place

Re: first time - 11/04/2015 03:24 AM

Since it's a mixed crowd, especially when the catamarans come into the bay, the whole resort isn't c/o, but the beach certainly is.

Re: first time - 11/05/2015 08:27 PM

Halfwindy said:
Since it's a mixed crowd, especially when the catamarans come into the bay, the whole resort isn't c/o, but the beach certainly is.

maybe.....but not what I was told....I'm trying to find the email now

Re: first time - 11/05/2015 10:29 PM

READ THE REVIEWS ON TA.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline