Quick link to the:Traveltalkonline Forums
- Please do not abuse the BB or your fellow users by advertising within notes, on the calendar or any of the related pages/sites that are used directly by Traveltalkonline. We have commercial advertising available for purchase through banner ads, our Links Directory or placing an advertisement in the Classifieds Directory. Any initial notes which are posted advertising a good or service will be deleted without comment. This includes the buying, selling or trading of time share weeks. Should you wish to buy, sell or trade a time share week, please consult one of our sponsors about their services and fees. If a fellow BB member posts a question and you provide a good or service which would meet their need, it is OK for you to respond to their question soliciting your service with a brief description of your offering and contact information, provided your service is on topic and would meet their need. You must identify yourself in the note with your representative capacity concerning the product or service that you are providing. Extensive laundry lists of goods and services available will not be allowed.
- Banner advertising is available only for a single business entity under a single name, such as a single restaurant, a single hotel or a single car rental company. Multiple businesses are not eligible for the single business rate, regardless of common ownership or links to a common website.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to deem a blog, a website, the name of a business or a boat or any other content, web based or not, to be commercial in nature. If we deem the material to be commercial in nature, links OR ANY references in user IDs, signatures, posted messages or otherwise to that material are allowed only to current paid one year banner advertisers, if we deem that the poster has any connection to the material.
- We reserve the right to delete, restrict, or modify User IDs, registrations, signature lines, or any post that in our sole discretion references a commercial entity. In general, User IDs which reference a commercial entity are not allowed unless the poster is a current one year paid banner advertiser.
- Posting an anonymous note to promote a site or business or other venture in which you are involved and/or solicitations are inappropriate on these forums, and such posts will be removed without comment.
- Falsifying your identity with numerous postings under different names or different user id's is cause for deletion of your postings regardless of the content.
- Chain letters, pyramid schemes, multi-level marketing, blatant cross-posting or other solicitations are strictly prohibited.
- This is not the appropriate place for discussion of religion or politics, although we do understand that a certain amount of talk regarding island politics is inevitable. Traveltalkonline reserves the right to limit political discussion to a maximum of one thread at a time.
- By posting any message on these forums, you expressly consent to display of your IP address.
- The purpose of this bulletin board is to discuss travel related topics. Subjects which are obviously unrelated to that topic will be removed.
- The purpose of Traveltalkonline Calendar is for members to list their personal travel plans. Commercial use of the travel calendar is not allowed. A properly mentioned member event located at a commercial establishment does not carry an official endorsement of TTOL.
- Threads which deteriorate into pointless arguments serve no purpose and topics that are escalating into "flame wars" will be edited, closed or deleted at the moderators discretion.
- Continous bumping of a topic to the top, with no significant contribution to the discussion, with the intent merely to keep the post at the top of the bulletin board, can be cause for the offending post to be removed, and/or other action to be taken.
- Personal attacks by one member on another bulletin board member, registered or not, will not be tolerated. Unregistered users should not be attacked simply because they are unregistered. We understand that there may be strong differences of opinion with regard to some topics. However, there is no excuse for a lack of civility or name calling among members.
- We encourage bulletin board registration, primarily so that each member can better use ALL the services and features available to members that come with registration. We invite participation by all, regardless of whether you are registered or not, but you are classified as a member of the bulletin board regardless of your registration status simply by participating on the bulletin board.
- Profanity and the posting of obscene material or of nudity will be deleted without comment.
- The posting of copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder is prohibited. We reserve the right to remove or edit material which we deem to be in violation of copyright laws, but we are under no obligation to do so.
- By using these forums, you agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or otherwise in violation of any law.
- This is not a personals bulletin board. Do not post notes searching for romantic or other liaisons.
- Please do not post questions seeking information with regard to illegal activities.
- Please do not post extremely long posts or large graphics, as even if you have a high speed connection, others may not. We have no problem with your posting a link to your personal home page or to a directory of pictures.
- Duplicate posts will be removed without comment.
The Traveltalkonline Forums may be moderated but Traveltalkonline accepts no liability for legal consequences that arise from the use of these Forums (e.g., copyright violations, libel, slander, or other such crimes). Traveltalkonline is not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message and are not responsible for the contents of any message. Traveltalkonline does retain the right to remove any and all messages posted, for whatever reason. Under no circumstances are Traveltalkonline or it's agents to be held liable for any wrong doings that occur from the usage of these Forums. People that post messages to these Forums are not to libel/slander nor in any other way depict a company, entity, individual or service in a false light. Should they do so, the legal consequences are theirs alone and they agree to hold harmless Traveltalkonline, the moderators and agents with respect to any claim based on the transmission of your message(s). Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email.
The decision of the moderators of the BB with regard to any subject may not always be 100% correct. It is always 100% final. Notes discussing moderation policies will be removed without comment. Any comments which users may have with regard to moderation policies should be addressed by email or private message to any of the moderators or thru the "Contact Us" on any page on the bulletin board.
Last updated: 08/31/09
Quick link to the:Traveltalkonline Forums