TravelTalkOnline

Spirit of St Maarten

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Spirit of St Maarten - 04/18/2024 06:29 PM

Anybody been on this boat excursion?
LINK
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Spirit of St Maarten - 04/18/2024 07:02 PM

Yes, and it's not my favorite boating experience. YMMV. It's large, lots of people, which I guess is my main complaint. Food was okay; staff were fine. I doubt I would do it again unless there was an exceptional attraction.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Spirit of St Maarten - 04/18/2024 07:16 PM

Linda--you say "lots of people". I was looking at the dinner cruise. Is that the one you went on? That doesn't seem like it should be a lot of people.

Re: Spirit of St Maarten - 04/18/2024 07:24 PM

Thanks for the input Linda. We've been on various boating excursions through the the years. Some through Aqua Mania and Eagle Adventures. Was considering this for a day cruise.

Re: Spirit of St Maarten - 04/19/2024 01:27 AM

No. I went on a cruise during the day on Sint Maarten Day. I'd say there were at least 100 people. It was a buffet lunch, not a sit-down meal. Give me NO1SXM or Celine any day over this one.

Re: Spirit of St Maarten - 04/19/2024 02:06 AM

Thanks for that. I can imagine with it being St Maarten Day it would be at max or over max capacity. I'm thinking of a Sunday in May and or July.

Re: Spirit of St Maarten - 04/19/2024 10:10 AM

You can't go wrong with either Celine or No1SXM. Very different experiences, but both are delightful.

Re: Spirit of St Maarten - 04/19/2024 01:51 PM

Linda--I was looking at the sunset and dinner cruise. It looks like neither Celine nor No1SXM offers that? And god forbid, I agree with Scuba--a cruise on St Maarten day might well be jammed with locals.

Re: Spirit of St Maarten - 04/19/2024 02:39 PM

Yes. The pictures I saw just posted on various SXM Facebook sites by a frequent visitor and poster showed just a few on the boat. I don't mind a full boat as I like to see and talk to others.

Re: Spirit of St Maarten - 04/19/2024 04:40 PM

No1SXM definitely offers sunset sails; I have been on many of them. Simply wonderful. Limited to 14 people.

Re: Spirit of St Maarten - 04/19/2024 04:50 PM

LInda--No, I was looking at the sunset + dinner sailing.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline