TravelTalkOnline

We Made It/Arrival Update

Posted By: CaribLee

We Made It/Arrival Update - 05/03/2024 07:04 PM

Got in yesterday with a flight arrival of 2:45 p.m. There were two lines ahead of us and we didn't move for 20 minutes. However, once we did move, it went quickly. And our luggage was waiting on us when we got to the carousel. From the time we got in line to exiting the airport, it took about 35 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised. Now on to the vacation.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: We Made It/Arrival Update - 05/03/2024 07:10 PM

Good deal!! Thanks for posting. Enjoy!
Posted By: mahokid

Re: We Made It/Arrival Update - 05/04/2024 12:37 AM

Enjoy your stay!!

Wish we were there but staying for 3 weeks in August / September.

Mahokid
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: We Made It/Arrival Update - 05/04/2024 12:47 AM

Good report on the airport arrival.
See you next week 😎🌴

Drphilsxm
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: We Made It/Arrival Update - 05/04/2024 03:07 PM

Thanks all. Now if the sun would just show up.
Posted By: Lancer

Re: We Made It/Arrival Update - 05/04/2024 03:09 PM

I didn’t mention this in my trip report but our departure at SXM airport was fine until you moved down to the gate area. People were packed in like sardines. We had to literally, but politely, plow through a mass of people waiting to board at their gate to get over to our gate further down. Why is there such a small area available for departures? We found the luggage area on arrival is dismally small in comparison to previous years. I know they are working on upgrading the airport, but it was a crazy time waiting to board our plane and waiting for luggage when we arrived. Hopefully this improves soon. We have a ton of patience with these kinds of things just because we’re on the island.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: We Made It/Arrival Update - 05/04/2024 05:25 PM

Lancer--OK, that is disappointing, so you went to Miami and had to go down to purgatory to leave. IF you leave via a jetway upstairs, it is a much different experience.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline