TravelTalkOnline

New restaurants to visit

Posted By: KGB

New restaurants to visit - 02/13/2022 07:46 PM

Hey folks, last time we visited the island was in March of 2020. So is there any new restaurants that were opened since then? Maho, Simpson Bay, Orient area? Gonna be there in 10 days so wanna be prepared, lol!
No need to mention anything like KFC or MacD, lol!
Please throw some good places to eat, please and thank you!
Posted By: pat

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/13/2022 11:44 PM

Not totally new but in a new location although I’m not totally certain when it opened there (and a very up-scale one at that) is Sublime at Maho. It’s on the same level as Jax Steakhouse. We have been there several times since it opened in this location and we’ve not been disappointed. I don’t usually order lobster tails but tried theirs and it was wonderful. We went back a few nights later and after not much of a debate I ordered it the second time and it was just as good. Our latest server was Lela and she was a sweetheart.🙂🙂
Posted By: Kennys

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/14/2022 01:40 AM

Also La Bodega in Jordan Village very good Rottestrie Chicken .
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/14/2022 11:06 AM

I enjoy Balls and Wine in the IZI complex next door to the cinema. I am especially partial to the Churrasco Steak Tataki.

LINK to Balls and Wine
Posted By: mahokid

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/14/2022 12:40 PM

Jai's contemporary Indian cuisine in Simpson Bay
Although not new restaurant but with new owners, Le Pressoir in Grand Case was our most impressive meal in two weeks
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/14/2022 01:42 PM

Astra on Welfare Road, where Snoopy's was, is quite good.
Posted By: pburke40

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/14/2022 02:01 PM

We enjoyed Big Cees at Porto Cupecoy last summer.

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/14/2022 06:54 PM

That’s awesome folks, lots of new to us names here! Keep going, please!
Posted By: Canuck54

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/14/2022 11:56 PM

Orient Village has really upped its game since Irma decimated Grand Case, there are approximately 10 quality restaurants clustered around the village courtyard. We spent two weeks in the village and made the rounds, our personal winner was L’Atelier, Alexandre is so passionate about his restaurant and menu. Great meat choices. There were also many other great meals and something for everyone in one location.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/15/2022 12:11 AM

Canuck--I would agree, that Orient Village is really the place to be these days, versus Grand Case. Grand Case has some issues with parking and I personally feel safer in OV. Grand Case retains an advantage with restaurants with water views, but otherwise, my personal choice would be restaurants in Orient Village.

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/15/2022 01:27 AM

Orient village does have a great selection, but… In our last visit there in 2020, I was literally eaten alive by mosquitoes or some other bastards! That is despite the fact that we used the repellent… my legs were bitten so bad that I couldn’t sleep for two days after! It was so bad that they literally felt on fire! Maaan just remembering this gives me goosebumps, lol!
Posted By: lcote

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/15/2022 11:44 AM

Michael and I are here now. We went to Coco Beach for lunch one day last week. We were astounded at how good everything was. I had a truffle chicken dinner and yes, there were real truffles on it! This is beach bar food??? Their wine menu was pretty great too. I highly recommend although it is pricey!

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/15/2022 05:23 PM

Thank you, will definitely give it a try!
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/15/2022 11:51 PM

Ciao Bella opened very recently. It is at the end of Grand Case, on the main road not on Grand Case Blvd, and it is near Capt Frenchy's. We ate there tonight, the I had the pizza which was very good, and my wife had the gnocchi which was excellent.

Attached picture ciao b.jpg
Attached picture ciao belle.jpg
Posted By: oceanbreeze

Re: New restaurants to visit - 02/16/2022 03:00 AM

Just spent almost 4 weeks in Orient Bay and the restaurant selection is outstanding. Maison Mere is a new addition, offering fine French food and the bar has the most professional bartender I have seen on the island in almost 20 years. Other favourites were l’Atellier, La Tratorria, Astrolab on their Surf and Turf Night and SAO for Asian food.
As to the comment above about mosquitoes, that was not an issue in the entire time we were there.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline